The Martha’s Vineyard African-American Film Festival (MVAAFF) by Run & Shoot Filmworks today announced its screening schedule for the Summer’s Finest Film Festival. Created by husband and wife team, Floyd and Stephanie Rance, and now in its 13th year, the MVAAFF highlights work by distinguished African-American producers and actors from across the globe. MVAAFF films address an array of topics from the LGBT, Hispanic, Asian, and international communities. The opening night film, Mavis!, will screen at Edgartown Cinemas, 65 Main Street, Edgartown, on Monday, August 10. All other screenings and events through August 15 will occur at the Martha’s Vineyard Performing Arts Center (MVPAC) located adjacent to the Martha’s Vineyard Regional High School unless otherwise noted.
Select MVAAFF Screenings & Events
(All screenings & events will take place at 100 Edgartown-Vineyard Haven Road, Oaks Bluffs unless otherwise noted).
- Monday, August 10 – 6pm to 9pm: HBO Presents Mavis!, Edgartown Cinemas, 65 Main Street, Edgartown
- Tuesday – August 11 – 7pm to 9pm: The Yard Presents Ronald K. Brown of Evidence: A Dance Company
- Wednesday, August 12 – 7pm to 9pm: Wharton Sports Business Institute Presents ALTHEA
- Thursday, August 13 – (insert time): TREASURE: From Tragedy to Trans Justice, Mapping A Detroit Story by Dream Hampton
- Friday, August 14 – 7pm to 9pm: Join us for a discussion about the new Spike Lee Joint CHI-RAQ
- Saturday, August 15 – 5pm to 7pm: HBO Short Film & Awards Competition and HBO presents 3 ½ Minutes, 10 Bullets
Visited 606 times, 2 Visits today